Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tomorrow's Frenectomy

Ok so I know I had originally said the Labial Frenectomy was scheduled for June 5th, but I had to change it to tomorrow May 16th. There was no way I could be in pain and attend my friend, Danielle's, bachelorette party in Myrtle Beach, S.C the weekend of June 7-9th. Right now I feel nervous, but excited at the same time. I'm nervous because I actually watched a video of the surgery on YouTube....BIG MISTAKE! Seeing what would occur during the surgery process was not a pretty site. I'll be placed under general anesthesia & will be woke during the surgery. According to all of the reviews I've read the actual surgery doesn't take long at all about 20 - 30 minutes. It's an outpatient surgery so it shouldn't be major. However, if you could just imagine someone taking a laser and cutting the soft tissue in your mouth then you'd understand my concern for sure. Since it is soft tissue the healing process should be fairly quick around 2-3 weeks. The pain will be worth it in the end so I just have to "man" up and deal with it. Hey the way I look at is if I just get it over with now then I'll have straight teeth soon enough. Woot Woot!

I'll provide an update after my surgery...

Monique
Fromgaptogone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment