Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tray (1) & I - The Break Up

Tray 1 and I have broken up and honestly I'm thrilled. I was so excited meet Tray (1) that it was ridiculous. I felt like a giggly school girl when we were initially introduced. I believe I developed a slight obsession with Tray (1). The reading & watching videos consumed alot of my time prior to the meeting. However, after the excitement wore off there was a little pain involved for the first 3 days or so, but what relationship doesn't go through a adjustment period? I know I may be a little naive, but I thought Tray (1) and I had special bond. Maybe I'm a bit delusional, but to me Tray (1) was my custom fit. He was made just for me. I guess things just moved along too quickly and he & I outgrew one another. By the end of our 2 week romance Tray (1) was distant and I didn't feel we were as attached as we initially were. I was tempted to move on prior to the end of our first week together, but thought that would be a bad decision. I had to give us a fighting chance.  We were together on an average of 23 hrs per day. The recommend time that's considered optimal wear is 22 hrs a day.  Maybe I was to aggressive I mean I did pick him up (LOL).

FYI - Tray (1) said that he changed so I decided to give him another chance we'll see how much he actually changed. Can Tray and I make it through the next 50 weeks together? How soon will I notice this "change"? Is Tray truly the one for me? We shall see - Stay Tuned!

Switched to Tray (2) last night...The Saga Continues.

Signed,
Monique
From Gap to Gone!

 

6 comments:

  1. Very good narrative story :) looking forward to the follow up !

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA too funny! Accurately describes the feelings though! :)

    Did you have any pain when you put the new set in? I just put my second set in last night and so much pain! Worse than the first set. I'm glad I followed the advice of other people and switched before bed to try to sleep through the pain. Feeling much better this morning :)

    I've been finding myself running my tongue across the braces covering the gap in my front teeth and thinking to myself - "Wow, so this is what it feels like to not have a gap?" :D Have you thought about that at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina YES! The top tray didn't align with my gap properly, which I guess is to be expected since it's trying to move the teeth. I put the tray in at night before bed also and was thrilled that I did. I would have been in the worst mood at work the next day. LOL. I've put tissue in between my teeth before trying to imagine myself without it! LOL

      Delete
  3. LOL. Great to see things are going well. I'm looking forward to the updates as I am trying to get rid of some gaps with Invisalign too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul. How many trays do you have in total & which tray are you on now? Are you blogging about the process? Sorry for so many questions, but I'm always so interested in other people journey with Invisalign.

      Delete