Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The day finally arrived! Tray (1)

Alright Alright Alright! Yesterday I received my trays (5) & buttons (10)!!  The buttons completely blend in with teeth, which I'm glad about. I think Susan did a great job putting them on. She had a great personality and even posed for a few pics with me, which I'll have posted later. I also plan on posting a video showing the buttons being put on, but I need to edit it first. I'd like to give a shout out to my camera man - my husband. Prior to gettign invisalign I did a ton of research so I didn't have any questions for Dr. Zammitti. I walked in with the pass the trays and I'm out attitude. I felt like I knew exactly what to do with them, how to care for them, and I had a good understanding of how put the trays on and take them off.

I read tons of reviews where people stated invisalign isn't as clear as it was advertised. I disagree with this.  Personally I feel they are extremely clear. You must be right on me to see them. The buttons are perfectly matched to the color of my teeth also, which I saw compalints about.  I'm 100% satisfied with Dr. Zammitti's office so far. The ladies in the office are professional and genuiely seem to care about the patients. I would recommend this practice to anyone searching and ladies Dr. Z isn't bad on the eyes so that'll help motivate you to keep  your appointments. LOL.  He allowed me to view my clinicheck, which hopefully I can receive a copy of to post for you. Let me tell you I was THRILLED to see the results. The video showed the movement of my teeth based on tray by tray. The final tray showed all of the space between my teeth closed! WOO HOO!

When Dr. Z put the first tray on I felt some pressure on my teeth, which I expected, but it wasn't bad enough to take any pain medication. The worst part to me was when I took the trays off for the first time... I felt like I was going to rip my teeth out of my mouth and that was a little scary mainly because my front left tooth is a crown. I already have a gap I can't lose teeth on top of that! NO NO NO! Well sure enough the crown stayed put! GREAT SUCCESS!! I'm proud that it only took me less than 4 minutes to take both trays out of my mouth (yes I timed it). I've read that some people spend 15 - 20 minutes of the first removal. Hey I guess that means I've watched enough youtube videos on how to remove them. I received a total of 5 trays on my first visit and will return to Dr. Zammitti's office in August to pick up additional trays. In total I will have 25 Trays for the top teeth and 17 for the bottom. I'm truly excited to see the transformation take place and will continue to update my blog at least every 2 weeks.

 Susan & I. She was a ham!



Wearing Tray 1.

Having the buttons put on.


Signed,
Monique
From Gap to GONE!

12 comments:

  1. I was SOOOO excited to find your blog. It sounds like our journey is pretty similar. I have the gap between my front teeth, will be doing 23 upper and 16 lower. I had mine "installed" :)on June 21st.
    Additionally, I am 31 and a mother (only one child though) and divorced.
    I look forward to reading more as we travel along this journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina are you blogging about your journey? If so please let me know I'd love to follow you. I'm so excited about this journey as I'm sure you are as well. You really made my day by commenting!

      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. No, I'm not blogging. I didn't think that anyone would care, but after reading yours, maybe I will. :) I found yours through a link you posted on bracesreview.com. If I decide to start one, I will definately let you know.
      I've been thinking about taking pictures, but haven't because I don't want to remember my teeth the way they are, but maybe I will with each new tray so I can really see the progress.

      Delete
    3. Sounds good. I'll be taking pictures with every tray change and at the end I'd like to do a slide show that shows the change. I feel like it'll be such a dramatic revel since I have sooooo much space to close. I personally want to remember how my teeth are now so that I can appreciate what they will become. Plus the gap is a heredity trait for me. I wouldn't mind having a small one but it's just to big therefore it's got to go :). Please keep me posted on your progress and if you have any tips feel free to share them with me.

      Delete
    4. That's a really good idea for the slide show. I have recent pictures and I'm only 5 days in, so it's not too late to start! I'm going to try to get a different picture posted on my google+ profile soon, so you'll be able to see where I started at. As you can tell from this pic, I hate my smile, so I try not to for pictures.
      If you have any tips, feel free to send them my way as well! :)
      The only thing that I can think of right now, is everyone is complaining that their trays get cloudy. My ortho said not to let them dry with saliva on them, rinse them with water right away when you take them out. Something to keep in mind, I haven't had a problem with cloudiness!

      Delete
    5. I need to post a different profile pic also. I haven't had any problems with cloudy trady yet but I'll keep that in mind. You're right it's not to late. I think we'll both have dramatic revels - I can't wait!

      Delete
    6. I finally started a blog, just wanted to let you know :)

      http://xtina81.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    7. Christina - Love your post! I tried to follow you but I don't see the option on your page. Let me know what's up with it because I'd like to follow you. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I have a question for you... I constantly have saliva built up in the plastic spacer between my front teeth and it looks like bubbles there. Do you have this problem as well? I was just wondering if you had found any way to get rid of it if you had experienced this.
    I hope that all made sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes perfect sense & yes I go through it also. I think anyone with a gap will experience it. I've even felt bubbles! Gross but funny. I haven't figured out how to prevent this yet. Let me know if you find anything out.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete