Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Post Frenectomy Results

The surgery went very well. It was over within 10 minutes. I just had general anesthesia for the process. A little numbing gel, 3 or 4 quick shots of novocain, a laser, a suction tool, 2 - 3 slight tugs and it was over. Now the pain medicine has wore off. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say the pain level is a 2 - 2 1/2. It's almost like having a bad pizza burn. My husband took pictures for me and I'll be sure to post them for you soon.  I'm excited at this point. I feel in I'm in the home stretch. On June 19th I'm scheduled to receive my trays & buttons (will do a separate post to explain). Woot Woot! Straight teeth here I come.


Monique 
Fromgaptogone :)


Dr Zammitti was about to preform my frenectomy. I had to postpone him for a second so I could get this pic,


I've included a short video of the frenectomy being preformed (nothing gross I promise). 

3 comments:

  1. Monique,

    How much was the procedure? I may or may not need it. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cost for the frenectomy was included in my invisalign treatment cost. Im not sure how
      much the operation is separately. However, to my knowledge it is covered by most insurance companies.

      Best Wishes!

      Delete
  2. As a person who hates dentists-- this whole office makes you feel like part of the family! Making you comfortable and explaining everything. Emergency Dentist edmonton

    ReplyDelete