Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tray 6

On August 27th I had my first follow up appointment at Dr. Zammitti's office, which was pretty exciting. I was told to remove my old trays (5) and put the new ones in. As usual there was a tight fit, but I'm used to the pain now and it's not as bad as my first or second tray. I believe that after your first 3 trays your teeth become used to the pressure of tray changes.

During the visit we reviewed my initial pictures from the first day that I went into the office and there is such a awesome change in my teeth. When I heard Dr Z tell his assist to LOOK at the difference. I felt like he was excited for me, which was a plus! He even said "This is going to be great". The visit only lasted about 15 - 20 minutes. He took a look at my teeth to ensure they were moving properly. The icing on the cake was when his assistant showed me my final tray (25)! I'm so thrilled about it.

My husband made the comment to me that he hopes I'm happy once I'm finished with treatment. He's under the impression that after I close my gap I won't be pleased with the change. I explained to him that this has been something I haven't liked about myself all my life. Regret is the last emotion that I think I'll feel. It'll be a feeling of relief. I might be in the front yard turning cart wheels when it's over. It's sweet of him to be concerned but there is absolutely no need. I GOT THIS.

I received another 5 trays and will return to Dr. Z's office in Nov. I'm looking forward to getting into the double digit trays. That's when most of the magic happens! I'll post pics later. I just wanted to provide you with an update.

 Monique
From Gap To Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment